AbilityNet Rich Media: Accessible AjaxTuesday, July 17, 2007
AbilityNet are running a summer of accessibility workshops in July. The second of which is one dedicated to rich media, which covers Flash, PDF and Ajax. I was invited, in Christian Heilmann's absence (on a well-earned holiday), to give a presentation on accessible Ajax.
The outline of the presentation was as follows:
- Ajax and Web 2.0
- Accessibility issues with Ajax
- Case study of retrofitting a web page using Ajax
- Recommended solutions for implementing Ajax to maximise accessibility
- Testing Ajax with a screen reader
Thanks to AbilityNet for organising these series of events and spreading the word to local councils and businesses, and thanks to Julia Gosling and Kath Moonan for inviting me as a guest speaker.
Other upcoming accessibility events
- 19 July: RNIB: Demystifying accessibility
- 24 July: AbilityNet: A very practical guide to testing against WCAG1.0 and 2.0
- 8 August: Champion IS: Real World Accessibility